Home Support Forums WordPress Visage Translation

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  support 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sombrasanchez
    Participant

Hello, I need you support because I not found the method for translate the theme to spanish… I save the po and mo file in:

– /wp-content/languages/
    – /wp-content/languages/themes/
    – /wp-content/themes/visage/
    – /wp-content/themes/visage/languages
    – /wp-content/themes/visage-child-theme/

and in differents formats:

– es_ES.*o
    – visage-es_ES.*o
    – visage_setup-es_ES.*o
    – visage-child-theme-es_ES-.*o

regards,
    Ignacio Sánchez

support
    Keymaster

Hello,
    we recommend to use the program Documentation Translation
    File for translating the theme is in the folder /visage/languages/visage.pot
    Thank You

sombrasanchez
    Participant

This instructions?

1. Download and install http://www.poedit.net/download.php
    2. Go to /wp-content/themes/visage/languages/ and open en_EN.po file.
    3. In the window that appears you have all the strings that were used in this theme, so you just need to go through them and write a translation.
    4. When you’re done go to File > Save as and save your translation in a *.po file.
    You should name your file pt_LANG. It’s just a naming convension WordPress_in_Your_Language.
    5. When you’re done translating open wp-config.php from your WordPress root folder and replace this line: define (‘WPLANG’, ”); with define (‘WPLANG’, ‘pt_LANG’).

*Since WordPress 4.0 site language defines in dashboard=>settings=>general

so… I try this, but how I have WordPress 4.9.1, obviously, I configured the system with the correct lang (es_ES), but this not work, please I need your support.

support
    Keymaster

Perhaps it will help you more.
    https://poedit.net/wordpress
    Thank You

sombrasanchez
    Participant

I ever use Poedit, I know how this work, the problem is the theme that not change the language. You can support me with more precision. Regards.

support
    Keymaster

activate the main theme. generate your translation files. copy it to a folder /visage/languages/es_ES.mo and es_ES.po . activate your language.
    Thank You

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.